Our COVID-19 Updates
23rd March 2020
We are in unusual times and we feel it will be helpful to provide details on our plan to work with the current COVID-19 situation.
Like any business in the Logistics and Transport industry, it is important that we continue as normally as possible, whilst adhering to advice from the government. We are working to temper the safety of our clients and candidates, with the need to provide our services. Our efforts are detailed below:
All of our team have been working from home or independently for 10 days so far and will continue to do so. Our organisation has always invested in new technologies (cloud data storage, secure remote VPNs and robust video-conferencing systems) and these are already well-tested and integral parts of our business systems. Any of the team who develop any symptoms will be self-isolating for 2 weeks, as well as anyone from the team that they have come into contact with.
Auditing and DGSA Services
• For DGSA or Support Services, all of our 24/7 Telephone Services and Dangerous Goods Support Services will continue to operate as normal.
• New clients who are awaiting a compliance audit, or have one booked, these have now been cancelled. The individual details will have been discussed with you by your account contact.
• Existing clients who are due a renewal, the compliance certification will be issued and services will continue as normal, the audits have now been cancelled. The individual details will have been discussed with you by your account contact.
We are conscious of the urgency and importance of the Dangerous Goods Qualifier and Re-Qualifier course. No extensions to training validity durations have been issued by IATA or the UK CAA and we are not aware of any that are planned either. These are critical training sessions to ensure businesses can continue to operate their logistics activities in accordance with International and National Law.
If you have training booked, or have candidates booked onto courses which are for more than 10 candidates, these have now been cancelled and rescheduled.
If you have candidates booked onto an external ‘open’ course of any size, these have now all been cancelled.
If you have in-house courses booked for less than 10 candidates, these are still planned to go ahead.
All recommended precautions have been taken and the stricter arrangements will have been discussed with you individually by your account contact.
• Instructors will self-isolate for 2 weeks between each course to ensure no risk of cross-contamination between organisations (Increased number of instructors to ensure this can be achieved)
• In-course separation of candidates will need to be increased.
• Hygiene and Disinfection of Training Room and Area twice-daily by DGS.
• Candidates will be asked to leave a course if they have any symptoms present during training.
• Potential of ‘virtual instructor’ for high-risk clients.
• Potential of cancellation in accordance with UK Government advice.
If you wish to re-arrange a course until later in the year, the course can be booked in once payment has been received but spaces for 2020 are becoming very limited so please speak with your account contact as soon as possible to re-book.
Logistics and Transport
DGS have increased the number of drivers and vehicles available for 24/7 urgent transport and ‘direct-drive’ services to help ensure our clients can continue as normally as possible. We will also continue to offer our DG Packing and Snag Resolution Services. For any transport queries, please contact or call on +44(0)1273 569048.
If you have any questions or queries, please do not hesitate to contact us,
All the best to your organisation in this difficult time and stay safe,